1974 1st edition "First Printing 1974" stated on copyright page; Macmillan Publishing Company, New York; small hardbound reference "A carry-along knapsack reference for the novice mushroom hunter"; very good condition with unmarked pages; front cover has small chip - see pic; full of color photographs of mushrooms.
Concise and reliable, Mushroom Pocket Field Guide covers sixty-one different kinds of fleshy fungi - some that are delicious to eat and others that are beautiful to look at (and deadly poisonous). Identification of all types of is made possible even for those who have never hunted mushrooms, and all aspects of collecting are discussed, including:
* Where, when, and how to hunt
* How to obtain a spore print for a mycological collection
* Myths about determining poisonous fungi
* The parts of a mushroom
* Identification of thirteen basic groups
* List of books for further reading